Powered by Blogger.

A farewell note

 November 11, 2012

Poetry survives as long as we believe the magic of words. I don't. Not anymore. I had someone wishing to forget things I've said. I didn't say anything that wasn't love. It got me confused. It caused me to actually lose a language, it caused me to hate those things I said, to look at them and feel disgusted. Love words. I can't live with hate. Still I wanted to make him something really special: 100 poems. A gift. But halfway to the end, I realized they wouldn't change anything, would they? Again poems are made of words, mine come with a history on hatred. It's nobody's fault I fall in love with impossible guys. But I lost my second language. From now on I'm keeping my thoughts to myself. They are safe inside me, no one will ever hate them there, they won't hurt anyone or make anybody uncomfortable, either.

Thank you muchly for your affection and attention all these years, both here and over at Poesia Torta.

See you around.


4 comentários:

Iara November 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sherry Blue Sky November 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM  

Kenia, dont let him take away your wonderful gift of words. Take some time to heal. Your poems WILL come back, and so many of us, who love your writing, will be here to read, sympathize and understand.

I know those feelings so well. So do my daughters. We have all suffered such pain because of "love" that wasnt very loving.........but the spirit? The spirit will ALWAYS rise.

Kerry O'Connor November 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM  

Kenia, I have loved your poetry ever since I began to read your blogs a few years ago. I admire you both for your creative gift and your intensely loving soul. I have known other exceptional poets give up their art through disillusionment, and it always strikes me as a double blow: first for the artist, whose talent lies dormant, and for the reader who was lucky enough to be touched, inspired or heartened by the words, which are a gift to the world of literature.

I thank you as one of your readers, and trust that real love will find you again one day.

Post a Comment

Licença Creative Commons
O trabalho The Sky Clears de Kenia Cris foi licenciado com uma Licença Creative Commons - Atribuição - NãoComercial - SemDerivados 3.0 Não Adaptada.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP